Accredited Member School - Criteria
An Accredited Member shall meet the following criteria:
- Each classroom has one teacher who holds an age-appropriate diploma from an
AMI or MACTE accredited teacher training institute or any other teacher training
programme that may be recognized by the CCMA.
- Each classroom has a full range of Montessori materials as recommended by
CCMA, which offers the broad curriculum to allow for sequential learning.
- Have multi-age grouping in each classroom (3-6,6-9,9-12 etc.) which supports
the concept that learning is a social process.
- Have a long uninterrupted work cycle which allows for the development of focus,
concentration, and engagement.
- Have a policy of admitting children to the programme at the appropriate age
level consistent with Montessori principles and sensitive periods for learning.
- Programmes for children 3-6 years of age, require attendance five days per
week for consistency in learning.
- Agree to abide by the CCMA Code of Ethics.
- Have successfully completed the Accreditation process which includes a comprehensive review of policies, standards, and practices of the school by a CCMA Accreditation team.
- Is licensed by the appropriate Provincial Licensing Authority.
- Meets the relevant Building, Health, Safety, and Fire codes and carry
- Is guided by the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.